The Pre-Professional Ensemble Company (PEC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program (August-May) for students in grades 4 through 7 who are interested in learning and performing in a professional theatre environment. PEC’s weekly classes in Theatre, Dance and Music (which include voice technique, repertoire building, and music theory) are led by professional directors, singers, dancers and actors. The Pre-Professional Ensemble Company offers students the experience of participating in a fully-produced musical or play with sets, costumes, and lighting on either the STC Main Stage or the STC Pollock Stage as well as opportunities to audition for age-appropriate roles in STC’s professional shows.
AUDITIONS FOR 2021-2022 SEASON ARE NOW OPEN!
**PEC admittance is by audition only!**
Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled hour and remember that a parent must be present for the informational meeting at the top of the hour with our Education Coordinator and Pre-Professional Ensemble Program Manager. Please expect to be here for a full hour, although it may take less time. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
Tuesday, June 29th 3:00-5:30pm
Thursday, July 15th 3:00-6:00pm
Thursday, August 12th 3:00-6:00pm
- 1-2 minute monologue (memorized; you can also perform a poem, story, or a joke if a monologue seems too daunting)
- 1-2 minute song (memorized; please bring an iPhone/iPod with background music downloaded)
- A recent photo or headshot (5×7 to 8×10 will suffice)
- Audition Form –Click Here To Download
Resumes are optional. You may also write your performing experience on your audition form.
Please contact our PEC Program Manager for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or STC’s Education Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Weekly classes with professional artists on topics such as Monologues Scene Study, Play Writing, Dance for Musical Theatre, Stage Combat, Improvisation, and much more.
- Masterclasses with industry professionals in various topics
- Opportunities to train with the Young Professionals Conservatory (8th-12th grades)
Performance Opportunities Include:
- Participation in one of the Youth Series productions
- Age-appropriate roles in STC’s professional Main Series productions
- Various regional performances, open mic nights, and performance opportunities in the community throughout the yea
Regular Saturday Acting Classes (Fall, Winter & Spring), as well as open auditions for School of the Arts Productions, will still be available for students who are not auditioning for the company.
Pre-Professional Ensemble Program Manager; Jennifer Augusta
Jennifer began with STC as the volunteer parent coordinator in collaboration with STC’s School Partnership Program at David Lubin Elementary in 2016. Most recently, Jennifer has been directing childrens’ musical theater and working in SCUSD as a Language Arts Exchange Instructor. She is a member of AEA, AFTRA, and is SAG eligible, having worked professionally in film, television, and on stage for many years, with the bulk of her experience being in straight and musical theater. With extensive experience in teaching and performing, as well as holding a BA in psychology, MS in school counseling, BA certificate in speech language pathology, and certificate from American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Jennifer is passionate about bringing the joy of theater to young students and guiding them towards being talented, confident, intelligent creators.