FOR GIFTS THAT KEEP ON GIVING
If you would like to make a lasting difference, consider making STC a part of your will or estate planning. These Foundation gifts keep giving for the long-term, because they become part of STC’s endowment fund.
Your gift directed to STC’s education programs for young people could pay for scholarships to dozens of deserving students in the future. Or your gift can help the Foundation support STC with a lasting source of funds to support visiting artists, production staff or general programming that will help keep STC alive and growing for generations to come.
STC’s Foundation is a separate, non-profit corporation that provides long-term financial support to STC so it can enhance and expand its artistic and education projects and its service to the Sacramento community. With the help of professional advisers, the Foundation funds are invested to generate growth and income. So your contribution remains in the Foundation endowment fund and the money earned on your contribution, rather than the principal, is used to support STC.
Gifts to the STC Foundation are tax-deductible, like contributions to other 501(c)(3) organizations. They can be made in several ways: cash, appreciated securities, gifts of retirement funds, or from charitable trusts.
For additional information on how to make a gift to the Foundation, please call Michael Laun, Executive Director, at 916.446.7501 ext. 109 or email email@example.com.
Gifts of stock & ira distributions
It is possible to invest in Sacramento Theatre Company’s creative work while reducing your taxable income. You can give through an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) or gifts of appreciated stock.
What You Need to Know to Make a Gift from your IRA Account to STC:
- Gifts can be up to $100,000 and can be from either a traditional or Roth IRA.
- IRA distributions to STC are excluded from your taxable income and satisfy your required minimum distribution for 2020. There is not an income tax deduction for the transfer – the amount is just not included in your income.
- Gift must be initiated by your IRA Administrator and be made before December 31, 2020.
- Spouses and partners can also make a gift from a separate IRA account.
What You Need to Know to Make a Gift of Stock to STC
- STC can accept donations of publicly traded stock.
- Your donation of stock may offset your current tax burden. For example, a gift of appreciated stock allows you to deduct the fully appreciated value and avoid paying taxes on the capital gain regardless of original purchase price.
All gifts must be completed by 12/31/20 to be included in your 2020 tax planning. Be sure to start these donations with enough time to complete all the necessary steps.
If you have any questions, please contact Dawn Spinella Development Manager, at 916.446.7501 x105, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
STC Foundation Board
Linda J. Clifford
Susan K. Edling
Carol Wieckowski Dreyer