Young Professionals Conservatory
The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program for students grades 8th through 12th who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre.
Auditions for the 2021/2022 season of YPC are Now Open!
Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled time slot. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
To sign up for an audition, please email email@example.com.
1) Headshot and Resume
2) Audition Form –Click Here To Download
3) A contrasting monologue and song (with accompaniment on your phone ie, karaoke track, piano recording, etc) totaling 3 minutes.
4) One Letter of recommendation
For more information about the program, please click here.
For more information about curriculum, please contact our YPC Program Manager, Miranda D. Lawson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Professional Ensemble Company
The Pre-Professional Ensemble Company (PEC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program (August-May) for students grades 4th through 7th who are interested in learning and performing in a professional theatre environment.
Auditions for the 2021/2022 season of PEC are Now Open!
Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled hour and remember that a parent must be present for the informational meeting at the top of the hour with our Education Coordinator and Pre-Professional Ensemble Program Manager. Please expect to be here for a full hour, although it may take less time. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
Tuesday, June 29th 3:00-5:30pm
Thursday, July 15th 3:00-6:00pm
Thursday, August 12th 3:00-6:00pm
- 1-2 minute monologue (memorized; you can also perform a poem, story, or a joke if a monologue seems too daunting)
- 1-2 minute song (memorized; please bring an iPhone/iPod with background music downloaded)
- A recent photo or headshot (5×7 to 8×10 will suffice)
- Audition Form- Click Here to Download
Resumes are optional. You may also write your performing experience on your audition form.
Please contact our PEC Program Manager for more information at email@example.com or STC’s Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the program and for Audition Requirements, please click here.
STC’s School of the Arts Productions are led by professional directors and actors and offer students (ages 7 to 13) the experience of participating in a fully-produced musical or play with sets, costumes, and lighting on either the STC Main Stage or the STC Pollock Stage (**Main Stage ONLY for 2021-2022). Students learn warm-up techniques, theatre etiquette, vocal projection, diction, singing, dancing, and acting, as well as collaboration skills as they work together to tell great stories.
Auditions take place in September for the Winter Musical, and in February for the Spring Play. Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled hour and remember that a parent must be present for the informational meeting at the top of the hour with our Production Coordinator. Please expect to be here for a full hour, although it may take less time. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
For auditions, we require the following:
- 1-2 minute monologue (memorized; you can also do a poem, story, or a joke if a monologue seems too daunting to memorize)
- 1-2 minute song (memorized; please download the background music to your phone to play it during your audition)
- Once we have solidified the full cast, you will be instructed to pay for the course ($400) before the production begins.
Contact email@example.com or call 916-446-7501 ext. 116 for more information.
From the Huffington Post: Kids & Musical Theater: The Off-Stage Impact
Auditions For The 2021-2022 Season Are Not Yet Open! Stay Tuned!
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-446-7501 ext 116 with any questions or inquries.