2022-2023 Youth Series Auditions Are Now Open!
STC’s School of the Arts Productions are led by professional directors and actors and offer students the experience of participating in a fully-produced musical or play with sets, costumes, and lighting on either the STC Main Stage or the STC Pollock Stage. Students learn warm-up techniques, theatre etiquette, vocal projection, diction, singing, dancing, and acting, as well as collaboration skills as they work together to tell great stories.
Currently Auditioning For:
Little Women (8th grade through High School)
For the first time, we are excited to announce an introductory offer to join STC’s School of the Arts! Interested in auditioning for Little Women directed by STC alum Maggie Elizabeth May! We have opened auditions for Little Women to all students in 8th-12th grades! If cast, you will not only get to perform for two weeks on our Pollock Stage, but you will also receive an introductory invite to take acting classes in our Young Professionals Conservatory program!
Auditions: August 11th-13th
Callbacks: TBD during the week of August 15th.
Each auditionee should select one timeslot between the 11th, 12th, and 13th. Callbacks will take place in the evening the week of August 15th, and we will let students know if they are called back by August 15th.
Please be sure to arrive 10 minutes early for your scheduled time slot so we can ensure you have all the necessary paperwork. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company: 1419 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
What to Bring:
- Select a time slot here.
- Audition Form– Click here to download. Please print, fill out, and bring this form with you to your audition
- Conflict Calendar– Click here to download. Please print this calendar and mark any and all conflicts that you will have. Students should have no more than 2 conflicts per production.
- Headshot and Resume are optional if you have them available
What to Prepare:
- 1-2 minute monologue (memorized; a monologue from a play is best; you can bring the script for someone to read along if you forget part)
- 1-2 minute song (memorized; please download the background music to your phone to play it during your audition through a Bluetooth speaker)
Casting will be sent out by September 19th and you will be instructed to pay for the course ($600) before the production begins on September 23rd. The $600 tuition includes rehearsals for the production, and weekly acting classes (based on grade level) from our Young Professionals Conservatory teaching artists! Financial Aid opportunities are available–please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the application form.
Contact: email@example.com with any questions or inquiries.
From the Huffington Post: Kids & Musical Theater: The Off-Stage Impact