Big Day of Giving is an annual 24-hour on-line giving challenge to the Sacramento region. BDOG was created to help galvanize and organize the nonprofits and motivate the region to put their money back into their community by stepping up and giving their best to their favorite non-profits.
On May 7th, you can show your support to for STC by making an online donation here!
In addition to our 75 year history of providing professional theatre to the Sacramento region, we are also the leaders in theatre-based arts education for young people.
Wherever possible, members of our Young Professionals Conservatory and Pre-Professional Ensemble Company are cast in age-appropriate roles for our Main Stage productions, giving them an opportunity to act alongside professional actors as part of their educational experience. A Young Professional is showcased in each of our professionally-produced cabarets as well. We place a high priority on selecting programming based on what the students in surrounding school districts are studying.
We have programs in place to communicate our programming for the upcoming season to teachers early enough for them to plan reading that is in line with the shows we are planning and to incorporate field trips and visits from our education department into their curriculum.
We invite you to join us on May 7, and make a donation to keep the arts thriving in Sacramento! https://www.bigdayofgiving.org/sacramentotheatrecompany
Our top needs:
1. Funding: Program – $2,750 funds a full year of tuition for one Young Professionals Conservatory student. STC does not turn away students due to an inability to pay, and donor-funded scholarships help us honor this commitment.
2. Funding: Program – $5,000 funds one semester of an after school program. The School Partnership Program has more than doubled in size from its inception six years ago, and more schools are anxious to participate, if funds were available.
3. Funding: Program – $25,000 funds the development and sponsorship of a new play. In the last five seasons, STC has presented a world premiere each year and is able to continue this work only with the support of donors and sponsors.
4. In-Kind Donations – STC seeks a consistent lodging provider. As we expand the scope of our productions and programs, we need more in-kind/discounted housing options for out-of-area artists. Our current needs are outgrowing our resources.
5. Funding: Other – STC is currently renovating its Design Studio to be equipped with adequate power, utilities, and workspaces and to allow STC to expand its production capacity with better technology and equipment. There is over $50,000 still to be raised to complete this project.