The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program for students grades 8th through 12th who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre. YPC admittance is by audition only, and auditions are held in the winter of each year for the following school year (audition requirements are listed below).
Auditions for 2021/2022 Season Are Now Open!
Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled time slot. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
To sign up for an audition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Headshot and Resume
2) Audition Form- Click Here To Download
3) A contrasting monologue and song (with accompaniment on your phone ie, karaoke track, piano recording, etc) totaling 3 minutes.
4) One Letter of recommendation
Please contact our YPC Program for more information at email@example.com or STC’s Education Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly classes and monthly master classes with professional artists on topics such as Scene Study, Play Writing, Dance, Musical Theatre Vocal Styles and Techniques, Stage Combat, Improvisation, Theatre Tech, Dramaturgy, Piano and Music Theory, and so much more!
- Internships and volunteer opportunities in all areas of theatre production
- College Counseling program with visiting professors and college admissions counselors, providing Master Classes from some of the nation’s top University Theatre Programs
- Business and Leadership training through our student-led fundraisier Curtains Up, and other student-led production opportunities!
Performance opportunities may include:
- Participation in atleast one of the Youth Series productions
- Age-appropriate roles in STC’s professional Main Series productions and the Cabaret series
- Various regional performances, open mic nights, and performance opportunities in the community throughout the year
YPC Program Manager, Miranda D. Lawson
Miranda D. Lawson is originally from Florida and holds a BFA in music with a concentration in Musical Theatre. She has been a teacher for more than a decade and has devoted much of her time and talent to the education of students in the arts. She has developed several programs throughout her years of teaching including many youth Musical Theatre programs, Educational shows for schools and other learning institutions, as well as music arrangement and script writing. She has been part of the STC family since 2011 and is proud to be in this new position where she can continue to nurture the students of the YPC program. Miranda will still be part of the performance aspect of the organization as well and is truly delighted to call STC, home.
YPC Career Counselor, Natasha Hause
Natasha Hause is a professional Director, Actress, Teaching Artist and a proud member of Actor’s Equity Association. Trained at New York University and The Neighborhood Playhouse. B.A. in Theater and a Master’s Degree in English. Co-founder/acting coach of Minimoon Studio with Faith Prince. Production for All MY Children, NYC Talent Agent and Film Development Associate for Jon Voight Entertainment. Toured with the 1st national company of Billy Elliot. Currently a Master Class Instructor at Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts alongside business partner Faith Prince. Natasha is also the former Districtwide Drama Teacher for grades 1-8 on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. Recently seen onstage at STC as ‘Jackie’ in Disaster!, ‘Truvy’ in Steel Magnolias and ‘Myra’ in Deathtrap. Winner of the 2017 Broadway World Award for Best Actress for portraying ‘Mrs. Van Daan’ in The Diary of Anne Frank and 2019 for Best Director of The Crucible at STC. Honored to be an Associate Artist at STC.