The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program for students grades 8th through 12th who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre. YPC admittance is by audition only, and auditions are held in the winter of each year for the following school year (audition requirements are listed below).
Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled hour and remember that a parent must be present for the informational meeting at the top of the hour with our School of the Arts Director and Young Professionals Conservatory Program Manager. Please expect to be here for a full hour, although it may take less time. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
Auditions for 2020/2021 Season
Auditions for the 2020/2021 season of YPC will be held on:
- Friday, January 24th from 3-6pm
- Monday, February 3rd from 5-6:30pm
- Monday, February 10th from 3-6pm
For more information, please contact STC’s Education Coordinator, Lyn Alessandra via email at email@example.com or call 916-446-7501 ext. 116.
1) Two letters of recommendation
2) Copy of most recent report card
3) Up to 1 ½-minute monologue (memorized)
4) If interested in musical theatre, up to 1 ½-minute song (memorized with accompaniment recording on CD or mp3 device)
5) A recent photo or headshot
Resumes are optional, but are not required.
Please contact our YPC Program for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or to STC’s Education Coordinator: email@example.com or call 916-446-7501 ext. 116.
- Weekly master classes with professional artists on topics such as Scene Study, Play Writing, Dance for Musical Theatre, Musical Theatre Vocal Styles and Techniques, Stage Combat, Improvisation, Piano, and Music Theory
- Opportunities to join our choir and improv troupe
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
- College Counseling program with visiting Professors providing Master Classes from some of the nation’s top University Theatre Programs
- Business and Leadership training through our student-led fundraisier Curtains Up.
Performance opportunities may include:
- Participation in one of the Youth Series productions
- Age-appropriate roles in STC’s professional Main Series productions and the Cabaret series
- Various regional performances, open mic nights, and performance opportunities in the community throughout the year
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS CONSERVATORY PROGRAM MANAGER;
Tori Johnson spent much of her youth performing, training, and playing at STC before leaving for training with the Guthrie’s BFA Actor Training Program. Since then, Tori has taught and assisted at several youth theatre programs around the country; including, the Guthrie Summer Camps and the ArtsBridge Summer Program as a Teacher and Assistant. She has performed at the Guthrie Theatre (A Christmas Carol, Boudica) and also at Shakespeare’s Globe in London (Titus Andronicus). Most recently, Tori debuted a film at HBO’s Outfest Film Festival. Above all, Tori is most passionate about how the arts and creativity can change and enrich lives for the better. Returning to Sacramento to continue cultivating and sharing the love of theatre with the Young Professional’s Conservatory is beyond exciting! Website: torijacquelynjohnson.com