The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program for students grades 8th through 12th who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre. YPC admittance is by audition only, and auditions are held in the winter of each year for the following school year (audition requirements are listed below).
*Auditions for 2020-2021 Season Coming Soon*
1) Two letters of recommendation
2) Copy of most recent report card
3) Up to 1 ½-minute monologue (memorized)
4) If interested in musical theatre, up to 1 ½-minute song (memorized with accompaniment recording on CD or mp3 device)
5) A recent photo or headshot
Resumes are optional, but are not required.
Please contact our YPC Program for more information at email@example.com or to schedule an audition contact STC’s Education Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-446-7501 ext. 116.
- Weekly master classes with professional artists on topics such as Scene Study, Play Writing, Dance for Musical Theatre, Musical Theatre Vocal Styles and Techniques, Stage Combat, Improvisation, Piano, and Music Theory
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
- College Counseling program with visiting Professors providing Master Classes from some of the nation’s top University Theatre Programs
Performance opportunities may include:
- Participation in one of the Youth Series productions
- Age-appropriate roles in STC’s professional Main Series productions
- Various regional performances, open mic nights, and performance opportunities in the community throughout the year
Tori Johnson spent much of her youth performing, training, and playing at STC before leaving for training with the Guthrie’s BFA Actor Training Program. Since then, Tori has taught and assisted at several youth theatre programs around the country; including, the Guthrie Summer Camps and the ArtsBridge Summer Program as a Teacher and Assistant. She has performed at the Guthrie Theatre (A Christmas Carol, Boudica) and also at Shakespeare’s Globe in London (Titus Andronicus). Most recently, Tori debuted a film at HBO’s Outfest Film Festival. Above all, Tori is most passionate about how the arts and creativity can change and enrich lives for the better. Returning to Sacramento to continue cultivating and sharing the love of theatre with the Young Professional’s Conservatory is beyond exciting! Website: torijacquelynjohnson.com