The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program for students grades 8th through 12th who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre. YPC admittance is by audition only, and auditions are held in the winter of each year for the following school year (audition requirements are listed below).
Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled hour and remember that a parent must be present for the informational meeting at the top of the hour with our School of the Arts Director and Young Professionals Conservatory Program Manager. Please expect to be here for a full hour, although it may take less time. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
Auditions for 2020/2021 Season
Auditions for the 2020/2021 season of YPC are currently being held through Video Submission.
For more information, please contact STC’s YPC Program Manager, Tori Johnson via email at email@example.com
1) Two letters of recommendation
2) Copy of most recent report card
3) Up to 1 ½-minute monologue (memorized)
4) If interested in musical theatre, up to 1 ½-minute song (memorized with accompaniment recording on CD or mp3 device)
5) A recent photo or headshot
Resumes are optional, but are not required.
Please contact our YPC Program for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or to STC’s Education Coordinator: email@example.com or call 916-446-7501 ext. 116.
- Weekly master classes with professional artists on topics such as Scene Study, Play Writing, Dance for Musical Theatre, Musical Theatre Vocal Styles and Techniques, Stage Combat, Improvisation, Piano, and Music Theory
- Opportunities to join our choir and improv troupe
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
- College Counseling program with visiting Professors providing Master Classes from some of the nation’s top University Theatre Programs
- Business and Leadership training through our student-led fundraisier Curtains Up.
Performance opportunities may include:
- Participation in one of the Youth Series productions
- Age-appropriate roles in STC’s professional Main Series productions and the Cabaret series
- Various regional performances, open mic nights, and performance opportunities in the community throughout the year