The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program for students grades 8th through 12th who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre. YPC admittance is by audition, and auditions are held in the winter of each year for the following school year (audition requirements are listed below).
ANNOUNCING YPC 2019-2020 SEASON AUDITIONS!
Auditions are now open!
Auditions will be held on:
- February 4th from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- February 8th from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- February 11th from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- February 15th from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Audition registration will be done online via SignUp Genius. To sign up for an audition time click the red bold text below, this will take you to a new page where you can select the time and date that best fits your schedule.
Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled hour and remember that a parent must be present for the informational meeting at the top of the hour with our School of the Arts Director. Please expect to be here for a full hour, although it may take less time. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
- Weekly master classes with professional artists on topics such as Scene Study, Play Writing, Dance for Musical Theatre, Musical Theatre Vocal Styles and Techniques, Stage Combat, Improvisation, Piano, and Music Theory
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
- College Counseling program with visiting Professors providing Master Classes from some of the nation’s top University Theatre Programs
Performance opportunities may include:
- Participation in one on the Youth Series productions
- Age-appropriate roles in STC’s professional Main Series productions
- Various regional performances, open mic nights, and performance opportunities in the community throughout the year
1) Two letters of recommendation
2) Copy of most recent report card
3) Up to 1 ½-minute monologue (memorized)
4) If interested in musical theatre, up to 1 ½-minute song (memorized with accompaniment recording on CD or mp3 device)
5) A recent photo or headshot
Resumes are optional, but are not required.
Please contact our School of the Arts Director for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or to schedule an audition contact STC’s Education Coordinator: email@example.com or call 916-446-7501 ext. 116.
Michele Hillen-Noufer, M.Ed., AEA, SAG is the Education Director for Sacramento Theatre Company (STC) and oversees the STC School of the Arts which includes the Young Professionals Conservatory, the Pre-Professional Ensemble, Professional Internship Program, Camp Programs and the School Partnership Program (which she created in 2011.) She is a member of Actors Equity Association as well as SAG/AFTRA. Michele has been working as a professional actor for 25 years doing theatre, film, and television across the country and internationally. She has directed, taught, and choreographed professional theatre, as well as theatre for young people. Michele has a passion for helping young people achieve their goals in the performing arts as well as providing Theatre Arts Education to schools through STC’s School Partnership Program and arts integration during the day. Michele is an arts integration specialist and keeps her skills current by teaching at STC, local elementary schools as well as providing workshops and professional development opportunities for conferences and in-services for Educators. She has been a member of the Sacramento State University’s, Academic Talent Search faculty since 2012.