YOUNG PROFESSIONALS CONSERVATORY
The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a rigorous, 10-month training program for students ages 12 through 18 who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre. YPC includes weekly master classes with renowned theatre artists, a season of four shows, and the opportunity to audition for age-appropriate roles in STC Mainstage productions.
YPC performance opportunities can include:
- Four shows per season (three performed on our Pollock Stage and one performed on our Mainstage)
- Age-appropriate roles in Mainstage productions;
- Various regional performances, open mic nights and national touring throughout the year.
Informational Night on March 16th at 6pm
Interested in learning more about the Young Professionals Conservatory? Please join us for our Educational Programs Informational Night on March 16th at 6pm. We will answer your questions and discuss how you can be involved with STC School of the Arts. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 446-7501 ext. 116.
Admission to the Young Professionals Conservatory is by audition only. Auditions for our 2015-2016 Season will be Saturday, March 21st, by appointment only. Register through the Education Department. Information listed below.
Audition requirements for 2015-2016 Season:
1) Two letters of recommendation
2) Copy of most recent report card- YPC student must have at least a 3.0 GPA to be accepted and maintain a 3.0 GPA while in YPC
3) 1 – 1 ½ minute monologue (memorized)
4) If interested in the Musical Theatre Track, 1- 1 ½ minute song memorized with background accompaniment track (on CD or mp3 device)
Please contact the Education Department for more information.
Recently, Tony and Emmy Award Winning Kristin Chenoweth taught a Master Class for our YPC Students!
Kristin Chenoweth teaching on STC’s Cabaret Stage
Kristin even took the time to sing Happy Birthday to one of our students T. Johnson, pictured here with A Christmas Carol musical director Sam Schieber and Education Director Michele Hillen-Noufer.
YPC Students performed for Kristin and listened to her amazing feedback. It was a rare and remarkable opportunity for our students who look up to and admire Kristin’s spirit and talent.