Auditioning for next season!
By appointment only. Register through the Education Department by emailing the Education Coordinator at email@example.com or call (916) 446-7501 ext. 116.
The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a rigorous, 10-month training program for students ages 12 through 18 who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre. YPC includes weekly master classes with renowned theatre artists, a season of four shows, and the opportunity to audition for age-appropriate roles in STC Mainstage productions.
YPC performance opportunities can include:
- Three shows per season (three performed on our Pollock Stage and one performed on our Mainstage)
- Age-appropriate roles in Mainstage productions;
- Various regional performances, open mic nights and national touring throughout the year.
Audition requirements for 2015-2016 Season:
1) Two letters of recommendation
2) Copy of most recent report card
3) 1 – 1 ½ minute monologue (memorized)
4) If interested in the Musical Theatre Track, 1- 1 ½ minute song memorized with background accompaniment track (on CD or mp3 device)
Please contact the Education Department for more information.
916.446.7501 ext. 113
Orientation for the 2014-2015 YPC Program
Our YPC 2014-2014 Graduating Class
Our YPC 2014-2015 Graduating Class
Recently, Tony and Emmy Award Winning Kristin Chenoweth taught a Master Class for our YPC Students!
Kristin Chenoweth teaching on STC’s Cabaret Stage
Kristin even took the time to sing Happy Birthday to one of our students T. Johnson, pictured here with A Christmas Carol musical director Sam Schieber and Education Director Michele Hillen-Noufer.
YPC Students performed for Kristin and listened to her amazing feedback. It was a rare and remarkable opportunity for our students who look up to and admire Kristin’s spirit and talent.