The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a rigorous, 10-month training program for students ages 12 through 18 who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre, musical theatre, and/or technical theatre and design. YPC admittance is by audition, and auditions are held in the spring of each year for the following school year (audition requirements are listed below).
2017-2018 Young Professional Conservatory Auditions on
Monday, February 27th, 2017:
- 4:30PM – 5PM
- Weekly master classes with professional artists on topics such as Scene Study, Play Writing, Dance for Musical Theatre, Musical Theatre Vocal Styles and Techniques, Stage Combat, Improvisation, and Technical Theatre and Design
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
Performance opportunities may include:
- Three shows per season (two performed on our Pollock Stage and one performed on our Main Stage)
- Age-appropriate roles in STC’s professional Main Series productions
- Various regional performances, open mic nights, and performance opportunities in the community throughout the year
1) Two letters of recommendation
2) Copy of most recent report card
3) Up to 1 ½-minute monologue (memorized)
4) If interested in musical theatre, up to 1 ½-minute song (memorized with accompaniment recording on CD or mp3 device)
5) If interested in technical theatre and design, a portfolio of your own original theatrical design concept artwork (if available)
Please contact the Education Department for more information or to schedule an audition.
916.446.7501 ext. 116
Tony and Emmy Award Winner Kristin Chenoweth (center, in white scarf) taught a Master Class for our YPC Students in 2014!
Kristin Chenoweth teaching on STC’s Cabaret Stage