If you are interested in auditioning for Sacramento Theatre Company’s Young Professionals Conservatory, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an audition appointment today! Appointments must be made through the Education Department, no walk-ins will be able to audition. At least one parent must be present for auditions.
Audition dates: None
Audition requirements are listed below.
The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a rigorous, 10-month training program for students ages 12 through 18 who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre, professional musical theatre, and professional technical theatre and design. YPC includes weekly master classes with professional theatre artists, a season of three shows, and the opportunity to audition for age-appropriate roles in STC Main Stage productions.
YPC performance opportunities may include:
- Three shows per season (two performed on our Pollock Stage and one performed on our Main Stage)
- Age-appropriate roles in Main Stage productions
- Various regional performances, open mic nights, and performance opportunities in the community throughout the year
- Master classes such as Play Writing, Dance for Musical Theatre, Musical Theatre Vocal Styles and Techniques, Stage Combat, Technical Theatre and Design
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
Audition Requirements (auditions conducted each spring):
1) Two letters of recommendation
2) Copy of most recent report card
3) Up to 1 ½-minute monologue (memorized)
4) If interested in the musical theatre track, up to 1 ½-minute song memorized with background accompaniment track (on CD or mp3 device)
5) If interested in the technical theatre and design track, please bring a portfolio of your own original theatrical design concept artwork (if available)
Please contact the Education Department for more information.
916.446.7501 ext. 110
Recently, Tony and Emmy Award Winner Kristin Chenoweth (center, in white scarf) taught a Master Class for our YPC Students!
Kristin Chenoweth teaching on STC’s Cabaret Stage
Kristin even took the time to sing Happy Birthday to one of our students T. Johnson, pictured here with A Christmas Carol musical director Sam Schieber (left) and Education Director Michele Hillen-Noufer (right).