The Pre-Professional Ensemble Company (PPEC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program (August-May) for students grades 4th through 6th who are interested in learning and performing in a professional theatre environment. STC’s PPEC weekly classes in Theatre, Dance and Music (including voice technique, repetoire building and music theory) are led by professional directors, dancers and actors. The Pre-Professional Ensemble Company offers students the experience of participating in a fully-produced musical or play with sets, costumes, and lighting on either the STC Main Stage or the STC Pollock Stage as well as opportunities to audition for age-appropriate roles in STC’s Professional shows.
PPEC admittance is by audition, and auditions for the 2018-2019 Season will be by appointment only.
Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled hour and remember that a parent must be present for the informational meeting at the top of the hour with our School of the Arts Director. Please expect to be here for a full hour, although it may take less time. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
- Monday, April 23rd: 2pm – 3pm
- Tuesday, April 24th: 3pm – 4pm, 4pm – 5pm
- Thursday, April 26th: 3:30pm – 4:30pm, 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- Friday, April 27th: 3pm – 4pm, 4pm – 5pm
- Saturday, April 28th: 10am – 11am, 11am – 12pm
- 1-2 minute monologue (memorized; you can also do a poem, story, or a joke if a monologue seems too daunting to memorize)
- 1-2 minute song (memorized; please bring a CD or an iPhone/iPod with background music)
- A recent photo or headshot
Resumes are optional, but are not required.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-446-7501 ext. 116 for more information.
Regular Pre-Professional Ensemble acting class sessions (Fall, Winter & Spring) as well as open auditions for Ensemble Workshop productions (this season: Peter Pan: A Musical Adventure and Twelfth Night for Kids) will still be available for students who are not auditioning for the company.
For the 2018-2019 Season there are only 40 spots available for the Pre-Professional Ensemble Company program.